Checkmate - False advertising, fraud etc, Bad Business practices

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 0 comments

They are listed as a "Free" Instant people search. NOT SO MUCH.

The person I looked for initially was not even listed. They asked for $1, I thought ok, $1 is not so bad. They then still did not give me the information or name that I searched. I sent them an email and told them that I did not want the service, they went ahead and deduced $45 out of my bank account.

They did not want to refund the money, but as soon as I brought up the words "false advertisement, and attorney, they automatically refunded the money. DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Checkmate. The most disappointing about checkmate background check from Checkmate was false advertising, not a free service and charged me after request for cancellatkion Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Checkmate.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Checkmate to other companies on our site.

Checkmate - SCAM DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

Tampa, Florida 0 comments

The initial charge for these reports provides no real information. Just listed my address and that I owned a home.

Every time you click on the information provided you are asked to pay additional charges. I did not see any information listed under financial worthiness which they should be able to get from my credit report. And it took a long time to go through the process of waiting for all the information that they told you they would provide.

They did not even provide any information under social media like Facebook. TOTAL SCAM DONT WASTE YOUR TIME PLEASE - COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUTDOWN.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of scam. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "scam" of checkmate background check and associated monetary loss in the amount of $17. Checkmate needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned checkmate background check in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Checkmate.

Checkmate - Simple Review #1433504611

Discovery Bay, California 0 comments

my name is Nekyia Portis and I'm asking for a refund today because does activities on my card that you did not have permission for can you please contact me my phone number is 559 495 5092 email me at Nekyia Portis @ gmail.com please and thank you

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Checkmate - Simple Review #1419111797

Marysville, California 0 comments

You took money off my card to pay for your service,but when I try to access it.I'm told I don't have an account..Oralie Blevins(530)9993832

Review about: Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Checkmate - Review from Laguna Niguel, California

Laguna Niguel, California 0 comments

Last March 2013, I purchased a 30 day use of their online background check. After the time was up, I recall going back in to check on another person and could not get in.

I assumed my time had expired. I was asked to upgrade - but I chose not to. Today, I looked at my checking account, the past year has been very busy for me with my family and have not reconciled my account. I was shocked to find they have been taking $22.00 a month out of my account for 16 months!!...

I called them and got the run around that I should have called and cancelled.

I'm very good at canceling, such as credit checks etc... But was NEVER informed thus was necessary with this company!

They are a scam and rip people off!... I feel do foolish that I didn't check my checking account, since this past year has been a blur with my son starting Kindergarten and family issues.

Review about: Account Charges.

Resolved: CheckMate is a BIG ripoff

Tucson, Arizona 0 comments
Resolved

Update by user Jan 04, 2015

I am still warning you not to go down this hole. It may be an information source, but it is definitely a money hole!

By complaining here I did get my $22.86 back but I was still out the $1.99 with nothing to show for it.

Original review posted by user Jul 04, 2014

It is possible that you might be able to get some detailed information from CheckMate, BUT not until you have paid $22.86 for a months subscription and then $1.99 for the option of getting PDF copies of the report AND THEN another $20.00 for more details than name, birthdate, and address.

I waited through three progress meters that were intended to convince me that extensive database searches were being conducted: one before the first money request, one before the next money request, another before the offer of a "detailed" report for more money.

Don't fall for this scam unless you have money you want to throw away.

Review about: Public Records Search.

" Checkmate " Rip Off

I purchased a background on felon checks from the Internet Site of Checkmate. They did supply a minor citation on the felon but not NO criminal records as they stated in thier obline ad.

This is a total rip off. Don't spend your hard earned money for " Checkmate " whom does not deliver thier products as promised ! We are NOT protected. Checkmate promises a background check and names etc but does not supply any records on felons that is much needed in our society .

It is my advice not to ever purchase this background check service.

It is better just to go to the city courthouse which may be hard to do if your out of state. BEWARE OF CHECKMATE A INTERNET SERVICE

Review about: Background Check.

Comments

Tavernier, Florida, United States #830984

I agree. You can get more information from ancestry , courthouse or library.

They want you to spend an extra 19 bucks for a more in depth report after listing partial addresses for a person. I ran a check on myself and it couldn't tell me any relatives, marriages and only a couple of old addresses in a town I lived in more that 30 years. Save your money. I called them immediately after signing up and they cancelled my account but told me I could still use it for one month.

After more complaining from me she talked to her supervisor and told me she would give me half of the money back. What a rip off.